How Can a Mold Outbreak Get Cleaned Up?
Your Upper West Side Commercial Space Deserves Efficient Mold Damage Remediation – Call SERVPRO Today!
If your commercial space is a structure built many years ago, then mold may be more of an issue than you think. Frequently, when the ventilation system isn't entirely up to par, and there is a great deal of humidity with high temperatures, it can turn into a breeding ground for harmful mold spores. Whenever you suspect that you have a mold or mildew infestation, calling in the help of trained professionals ensures your Upper West Side property gets back to regular faster.
When you contact SERVPRO to assist with mold damage in the Upper West Side, you can count on our professional mold remediation services. We have crews on stand by and ready to handle any of the mold issues you may encounter at your facility. With the knowledgeable IICRC-certified technicians on our staff, we have the training to handle a broad range of situations.
Time is always of the essence whenever mold and microbial growth is suspected. Our team takes care of your structure so that all employees and visitors can enter your facility safely. With our detailed planning for remediation, we inspect your property and assess everything to ensure health and safety. We also put together any technical reports for you to use if an insurance claim is involved. Depending on your business's nature, SERVPRO can also pack up contents and have them stored throughout the remediation process so that we can efficiently clean any areas impacted by mold.
Why Call the Experts for Mold Remediation?
No matter the mold outbreak's cause, we have skilled technicians that execute a comprehensive mold remediation plan. Steps used to eliminate the issue include:
- Finding the mold as well as the moisture source feeding it
- Assess all damage brought on by mold
- Isolation and containment while using physical barriers or options like negative air pressure – this helps prevent the spores from spreading
- Mold removal with the help of EPA-registered antifungal and antimicrobial treatments
- Disposing of any porous materials infested with mold
- Thorough cleaning of contents as needed, followed by sanitization and deodorization
- Repair and reconstruct any damaged areas of your Upper West Side commercial space
It is important to note that you should never try to handle mold remediation on your own. Trained technicians understand best practices for handling and solving mold issues within your commercial location. We quickly work to eliminate your mold outbreak so that it does not spread into other areas of your building. Once you hire the professionals for the cleanup, you can rest assured that everything gets done the first time correctly.
You will notice that we never leave anything to chance, so our technicians are always outfitted with the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). All of the techs on our team have been through detailed training and understand how to approach mold colonies safely. Should we suspect mold has gotten into your HVAC system or air ducts, we also have specialized methods and equipment to ensure everything gets cleaned out safely and effectively.
What is the Best Way to Prevent Mold?
Once you know how mold grows and festers, you can learn how to keep it from coming back again. There could be numerous factors that brought on the mold growth with most common areas, including:
- Carpeting: Entry rugs for your building and any carpeted areas can harbor moisture from shoes or spills.
- Kitchens and Employee Lounges: Freezers, refrigerators, and kitchen plumbing can lead to leaks and excess moisture buildup.
- Entry Points: Windows and doors to your commercial space can let in humid air from the outside that brings on condensation.
- HVAC Systems: When a problem arises with your HVAC equipment, such as the compressor lines, vents, or drain pans, mold growth may become an issue.
- Trash Receptacles: When left un-emptied for some time, trash bins might turn into a source of unwanted moisture.
Why is Mold a Hazard?
When mold begins to contaminate your commercial space, it can overtake a range of areas. Mold thrives on damp or wet surfaces, including:
- Ceiling tiles
- Insulation materials, and more
Once there is excess moisture within any given space, or the relative humidity becomes too high, mold begins to colonize rapidly within 48 hours. Because it can bring with it potential health effects and pose a threat to your property's structure, you need to have the pros begin cleanup and remediation right away. Once you start to see any signs of mold or mildew, SERVPRO can come in to start the assessment and leave your commercial space, "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Upper West Side is the team to call when you want prompt, reliable mold damage repair. Contact us for emergency service by calling (917) 498-1362, and we will send our Green Fleet out within hours.